Collection: 515.265.5267, Waste Management, hauler
- Thursday is Your Collection Day
- Missed Collection
- Large Item & Extra Trash is collected on garbage day from the curb with appropriate stickers. (No call ahead needed)
- Schedule Appliance Pick-Up with hauler and apply appropriate stickers.
- Set out time & tips: Read Cart Placement guidelines for details.
Start/Stop Service: 515.994.2649, City Hall of Prairie City
- Garbage service begins when water service is requested. A cart should come with existing homes, but if not, call City Hall.
- Garbage service ends when water is canceled.
- When you move, leave your cart with the house.
General Questions: 515.994.2649, City Hall of Prairie City
Cart Inquiries: 515.994.249, City Hall of Prairie City
- Request a different cart size.
- Call if the cart is broken or stolen.
Residents can also take garbage to the Metro Park East Landfill.