Metro Waste Authority oversees collection of garbage, yard waste, and recycling for the City of Carlisle.
Through this program management, Metro Waste Authority is a one-stop shop for all questions related to safe, smart disposal, collection questions, or issues.
If you have a question or concern, simply call 515.244.0021.
Metro Waste Authority has managed these programs on behalf of cities for many years. As with all contracts, there is an expiration date and terms must be renewed. Adjustments to collection of garbage, yard waste, and recycling are coming this summer.
What does this mean for you?
- New Collection Day
- Collection for recycling, garbage, and yard waste will be on Tuesdays, beginning June 28, 2022.
- Cart Lid Color Change
Recycling cart lids will change from green to black. Recycling carts need to be placed at the curb starting Monday, June 20, 2022 for this change to occur. Please leave your recycling cart at the curb until you receive a black lid. This may take up to two weeks.
- Set out by 6 AM
- New haulers mean new routes, so your cart may be collected at a different time of day. Haulers can collect anytime between 6 AM - 6 PM.
Mark your calendars...
- JUNE 17: Last green lid recycling collection
- JUNE 24: Last Friday garbage collection
- JUNE 28: First Tuesday garbage collection
- JULY 6: First green lid recycling collection (delayed one day due to Holiday)
Call Metro Waste Authority at 515.244.0021 or email email@example.com.