How it Works
- Package your beverage bottles and cans in a clear bag or the original paper carton. Know the guidelines (listed below) for successful drop-off!
- Drop it off. To make it quick and easy, staff takes an average of your bags so there’s no need to wait for counting. Prefer to wait and have them counted? No problem!
- Get your $0.05/beverage container deposit back.
- Must be uncontaminated, no debris or trash.
- Containers must be empty and reasonably clean.
- Must be able to see contents; No black bags accepted.
- MWA reserves the right to refuse loads.
- Up to $100 /day redemption. If $100 or more, a check will be mailed within two weeks.
Available for Purchase
- Cardboard recycling receptacle: $10/box
- Large clear bag liner: $0.75/bag
Residents and businesses can drop off empty cans and bottles for redemption at two locations:
Metro Hazardous Waste Drop-Off, Bondurant
Tuesday & Thursday: 9:00 AM - Noon
Wednesday & Friday: 3:00 - 6:00 PM
First & Third Saturday: 9:00 AM - Noon
This facility is located off Hubbell Ave/Hwy 6, just 1.5 miles north of Adventureland.
Metro Recycling Facility, Grimes
Monday-Thursday: 9:00 AM - 4:30 PM
This facility is off Beisser Ave, about 0.5 miles down.