Have More than Can fit in Your Cart?
Whether you’re cleaning out your house, or making room for that new appliance or couch, sometimes you need to get rid of things that don’t fit in your cart. The good news is, for many metro area communities, you can still get rid of those large or extra items curbside with the large and extra item sticker program.
There are two ways to purchase large/extra item stickers. If you want to shop in your pjs, try purchasing stickers online and have them shipped to your home.
PURCHASE STICKERS ONLINE
If you’re already out and about, try purchasing stickers at a retailer near you! Stickers are commonly sold from the customer service departments of many local grocery stores, as well as hardware stores and city halls.
FIND A RETAILER
Determining which stickers you need to buy is based on where you live. It’s important to purchase the right sticker for your community, so you can say goodbye to those large/extra items! The table below indicates which type of sticker you need based on the city you live in:
- Pleasant Hill
- Polk City
- West Des Moines
- Windsor Heights
- Prairie City
How Many Stickers Do You Need?
The larger the item, the more it costs to get it gone. Use the list below to help with common items. If you don't see your item, or a similar one, give us a call to verify.
*Please keep in mind the following chart applies to residents in cities who utilize the ORANGE sticker listed above*
- Bag of trash under 30 lb.
- Box of trash under 30 lbs.
- Kid's toys (under 30 lbs., e.g. big wheel)
- TV or computer monitor (19-inch screen and smaller)*
- 5 boxes or bags of trash (under 30 lbs. per piece)
- 5 carpet rolls (4 foot length x 18 inch diameter)
- Couch or love seat
- Door (per door)
- Entertainment center
- Grill (no propane)
- Kid's toys (over 30 lbs., e.g. big wheel)
- Kitchen chairs (4 maximum)
- Kitchen sink
- Push mower (drained of gas and oil)
- Sectional (one $5 sticker per piece)
- Single/double mattress
- Snow blower (drained of gas and oil
- Toilet (one sticker for base, one for tank)
- Window (one)
$10 (2 - $5 stickers)
- Queen/king mattress
- Queen/king box spring
$35 (7 - $5 stickers)
- Appliances (Fridges or freezers of any size ((doors must be removed)), washers, dryers, microwaves, etc.) - scheduling required
*TV - Give us a call. The size and weight of the television varies greatly. We can help you determine how many stickers you'll need based on the TV you want to dispose of.
Appliances require special handling. Give us a call to schedule your appliance pick-up before setting at the curb.
Retail Stores ONLY
Retail Store Order Form