Posted on December 23, 2019
Naughty or Nice Recycling List
Sparkly gift bags and metallic wrapping paper will make a statement under your tree, but if they could talk they would say “you can’t recycle me!”
If you are the one stuck holding the bag after the gifts have been opened, here is a list of things that make the naughty and nice list for your Curb It! cart.
Naughty (not recyclable):
- Wrapping paper or gift bags that are glittery, metallic, or shiny
- Tissue Paper or tulle
- Ribbon or bows
- Plastic or Styrofoam packaging materials
Nice (thumbs up for your Curb It! Cart):
- Gift bags that are not glittery, metallic, or shiny (just remove the handles)
- Wrapping paper that is not glittery, metallic, or shiny
- Cardboard or gift boxes
- Cards that aren’t glittery, metallic, or shiny
Remember, if it glitters, shimmers, or shines, you should throw it out. This goes for wrapping, cards, ribbons and bows.
From the Metro Waste Authority family to yours, happy holidays!