Oil-based paint is a regulated waste stream for businesses, while latex paint is not. However, latex paint is not accepted our landfills unless it's solidified (see instructions below). Learn more about our business services at the Metro Hazardous Waste Drop-Off.
Pricing & Options
Metro Hazardous Waste Drop-Off and Northwest Drop-Off:
Disposal Options for Latex Paint
Because latex paint is not hazardous, you can solidify it and throw it in the garbage. See options below or watch our YouTube video on how it works.
- Add kitty litter, sawdust, shredded paper or paint hardener (available at hardware stores) to the paint.
- Stir it up and wait for it to solidify.
- Throw in the garbage (with the lid off).
- Pour excess paint onto newspaper.
- Let it dry.
- Place newspaper and paint can (with the lid off) in garbage.