Extra Trash & Large Items
Have More than Can fit in Your Cart?
Do you ever have weeks where you have more trash than your garbage cart can hold? Do you have a piece of furniture or other large item to get rid of? Residents in most communities can use Large Item ($5) and Extra Trash ($1) stickers to dispose of these items. Just attach the correct sticker and place it at the curb on your regular garbage day.
Stickers are sold from the customer service departments of many local grocery stores, and at hardware stores and city halls. Determine which stickers you need to buy based on where you live. It's important to purchase the appropriate sticker for your community, so review the table below. The cost of the sticker pays for the collection.
How Many Stickers Do You Need?
The larger the item, the more it costs to collect. Use the list below to help you with common items. If you don't see your item or a similar one, call your garbage hauler to verify.
- Bag of trash under 30 lbs.
- Box of trash under 30 lbs.
- Kid's toys (under 30 lbs., e.g. big wheel)
- TV or computer monitor (19-inch screen and smaller)*
- 5 boxes or bags of trash (under 30 lbs. per piece)
- 5 carpet rolls (4 foot length x 18 inch diameter)
- Couch or love seat
- Door (per door)
- Entertainment center
- Grill (no propane)
- Kid's toys (over 30 lbs., e.g. big wheel)
- Kitchen chairs (4 maximum)
- Kitchen sink
- Push mower (drained of gas and oil)
- Sectional (one $5 sticker per piece)
- Single/double box spring
- Single/double mattress
- Snow blower (drained of gas and oil)
- Toilet (one $5 sticker per piece)
- Window (one)
$10 (2 - $5 stickers)
- Queen/king mattress
- Queen/king box spring
$35 (7 - $5 stickers)
*TV - call your hauler. The size and weight of televisions varies greatly. Your hauler will tell you specifically how many stickers are required.
Schedule Pick Up for Appliances - Since different trucks collect and recycle appliances, residents must schedule an appliance pick up with the garbage hauler.